Monday, July 6, 2015

Photographers Block

At some point in time all photographers suffer from "photographer's block". Going through this creative rut can be frustrating. When you first get into photography and all your gear is new, you want to photograph your life, everyone else's life and the entire world around you. But long time photographers know all to well how it feels to experience "photographer's block", a phase you go through where you are completely uninspired by the things around you, making it very difficult to remain creative. Well that's where I currently find myself . . . . .

I just just don't seem to find anything that inspires me to grab my camera and start shooting, unless I am doing a shoot for a client with a particular brief in mind. So in an attempt to push myself back into photographic existence I have compiled a list of themes. Every couple of weeks I will randomly draw a theme from the list and focus purely on capturing the very best images I can, depicting that theme. Trying to look outside the box, stretch my capabilities and my knowledge. I will read up on the topic, I will seek out images from other photographers and I will expand my technical and creative know how.

So be sure to watch this space as I share my journey with you right here. I will post my best images here and hopefully this journey will bring back my mojo!

The list of themes I will be focusing on :-

Repetition Hobbies White
Numbers Night Abandoned
Fragments Chaos Inspiration
Food Vivid Wheels
Solitude Relfection Love
Texture Beginnings Time
Sound Water Landmarks
Rain Windows Signs
Cold Feet Shadows
Motion Stairs Simplicity
Angles Steam Bags
Winter Summer Fall
Autum Spring ColourContrast
OutOfFocus Seeds Black&Wite
CapturingLight                   OldTechnology              SongTitles
InFlight LongExposures 1000Words

No comments:

Post a Comment